Who is with me? Crone, Winter and bearing all
Whilst everyone else is stressing about what to buy, what to consume what to resolve to do on January 1
Remember this dear ones
- Plants and animals donâ€™t fight the winter; they donâ€™t pretend itâ€™s not happening and attempt to carry on living the same lives that they lived in the summer. They prepare. They adapt. They perform extraordinary acts of metamorphosis to get them through
- And we are capable of this too, especially being in some discomfort for a while longer as you peel back and let the layers freeze, then melt away
- Winter is a time of withdrawing from the world, maximising scant resources, carrying out acts of brutal efficiency
- Even vanishing from sight!
Thatâ€™s where the transformation occurs. Winter is not the death of the life cycle, but it’s crucible of life awakening eventually when the conditions are right, to the abundance of life, just like your womb. There is also such beauty in the space between letting it all fall apart.
Have you thought about the energetics ofÂ your plans ?
Are you doing too much in favour of Christ-on-mas?
What are you letting decay and compost for good, return her to the wet, dark, cold soils?
How are you creating space to listen, deeply? And the hi-bear-nate. “What do bears do”?
Here are some of the way’s I connect with the season.
- Â I am committed to crafting spiritual content for my community so that they have a place to be which is nourishing and whole
- Even though I live in the tropics I’m still in the northern hemisphere cycle of life so I pay attention to that
- I’m preparing yule offerings foraging what I can- especially pine, cones, red & gold, candles, wreath making.
- I’m sending love to my family and friends overseas and I always light a candle
- I’m gifting generously to my household team who are minority
- I’m feasting and crafting nourishment for my tribe.
- I’m writing to my wild maiden so she’s ready for the sun’s return
- I’m listening to my wise women, the crone as the darkest, longest night approaches
- I am weaving connection – infusing a hand woven rug with the intentions of soul love
I would love to know what you are planning to infuse more winter energies into your life? Drop me a message on Instagram or leave a comment below.
And More for the Wildly curious women
And finally, stagnant stuck energies cannot move higher than where they are and as you allow yourself to tune into, you can evolve into perfect health & state of being and you are in the right place, here at Sundara Virtual YogaÂ and our Nest Community to do just that.
You may wish to try this FREE guided audio video Meditation to support you to connect with the Solstice energy of Winter. This mediation forms part of wider teachings on the seasons and the lunar energies, accessible for $69 – the Lunar Woman
<Part written reference for Katherine May, Photo unknown>